Thursday, December 26, 2013

150 Words About . . . "THE WORLD'S END".




     Another fun film from the Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz fellas.  While this one’s not quite as LOL funny as their previous movies, I loved it almost as much (and I should note that The World’s End feels like one of those movies that will grow on me by leaps and bounds with every subsequent viewing).  Oddly enough, I was surprised by how poignant I found this one to be, when all was said and done.  That’s right, I just called a movie about body-snatching alien robots that bleed blue ink poignant.  You’ll pop this one into the player for the laughs, but afterward you’ll find yourself pondering its themes of friendship, personal identity, and conformity.  It’s a sci-fi horror comedy, but you might just grow a little misty-eyed.  More quality stuff from the very talented Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg.  Can’t wait to see what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment