Saturday, October 1, 2011

HALLOWEEN IS ON THE WAY

God, I love this time of year.

There's a nip in the air.  Leaves blow about, and crunch underfoot.  The smell of woodsmoke drifts over from a neighbor's chimney.

Horror films and documentaries about horror films are all over the TV, or will be very soon.

This is the season when it is -- to quote one of my own novels, Animosity -- "okay to dwell upon evil and darkness and ghastly, grinning things from the grave".


October. 


God, I love this time of year.

For folks like me, it's our time. 

Look out.

1 comment:

  1. Heh. I had this line in an early draft of "The Candle Eaters":

    It was her favorite time of year. Not too hot, not too cold--and for this one night, it was perfectly acceptable to celebrate all things dark and creepy.

    I deleted it, though, because it was crap! Haha But I hear ya, bro!

    ReplyDelete